My Young Women and I went to the WSU spring Fashion show tonight. We saw a wide range of styles that the students designed. They started out modeling recycled designs. No, I'm not talking about raiding your mom's clothes from 1972...they actually used recyclable materials and made clothes out of them. Most of them were pretty...well, STRANGE!
Then we moved on to the senior clothing lines. We saw some stuff that we thought we might actually wear. Each of the students had something that inspired the design of their clothing line being modeled. Some examples: Tropical scenery for a swim-wear line, old Parisian silhouettes, and our personal favorite? Madagascar Jewel beetles!!
I mean, who can honestly
tell me that they aren't getting
some fabulous clothing design
ideas from this guy right now?
Seriously though, I can see some fun colors, and flashy iridescent
fabrics being used for this.
Do you think that is what this senior designer had in mind? Oh no....she is a whole different breed of crazy! Here is what we saw (or something similar):
I told the girls I was most likely going to have nightmares tonight!
Oh and just a little p.s....go ahead and use your imaginations and add some bright, cotton wings on there. Yep, now you're getting the full TERRIFYING picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment