Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just like mommy.

I put Cora in bed last night then went to my room for some mindless tv. I didn't settle in until about 11:00 so I hadn't been asleep long when Greg came home at 1:40. Now, just for a little background here; I can sleep through some things, but when it comes to Cora I hear every little sound. It used to be that I would jump straight up out of a deep sleep and run check on her at the faintest little cry (first time mom here!). Now that I've got a couple years mom practice under my belt, I know that she is a vocal dreamer like her mom, and most of the time she just settles back in all by herself. Anyway, the point is that I still hear every noise she makes, but now I know a response is not always necessary!

So back to the wee hours of this morning. Greg came in about 1:40. This is something that I almost always wake up for as Greg is not the quietest person when it comes to entering a house! I glanced at the clock and then waited for him to come in the bedroom. When he did come in, he was holding Cora. I didn't hear her wake up, but Jayda had been barking so I thought he went in to check on her and couldn't resist a snuggle with his girl. Wrong. Oh so wrong! Greg handed Cora to me and said "Did you know Cora was in the kitchen?" "Excuse me?" was my not so polite response. Apparently Cora had sleep walked out to the kitchen (perhaps for a midnight snack?) and then curled up on the kitchen floor to go back to sleep. AAAAACK! Quite disturbing that I slept through it all (how long had she slept on that cold hard floor...poor baby!), and only a little disturbing that she seems to have inherited my ability to sleep walk! Is that possible? Is it genetic? Oh well...

2 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Oh my heck!! that is crazy, and scary! I am sure she was comfortable!! Hope you are doing well!! love you guys and miss you too! We will be in Hermiston the end of May for Ben's graduation! Stu too, so we will all have to get together!! Love you!

likeschocolate said...

Crazy! You better put locks on the doors now. I was a sleep walker. Though I never walked out of the house. You must have been really tired.