I have been so frustrated with Cora at dinner time, and completely at a loss of what to do. It seems she has designated dinner time as a good opportunity to show off her extensive vocabulary and talent for telling stories. I'm sure that the main reason for these antics is the fact that we are living not only with Grandma and Grandpa, but also with Aunt Kimmie. She loves the reactions she gets out of them when she says something that makes her sound alarmingly like a teenager! Or the way they all giver her a round of applause after a vigorous recital of the ABC song! Of course the grandparents and aunt cannot possibly be held accountable for their reactions as they've only just gotten the chance to see Cora everyday, and have not yet built up an immunity to her charm (as if there is such a thing)! Needless to say, I'm lucky to get half of Cora's dinner in her, which, as you parents know leads to the "I'm hungry" whining at bedtime!
So, in a nutshell, dinner time has quickly become my least favorite time of the day......until tonight. I made fried chicken, rice, gravy, and green beans for dinner. As we sat down to eat, Cora looked at me and said "Thank you mommy for making dinner!" (I have my husband to thank for teaching her this!) Then Greg commented on how good it tasted, and Cora responded "Ya, it's the best!" Throughout the rest of the meal, Cora kept up a running commentary on how yummy dinner was and that was her favorite, and at the same time shovelling food into her mouth!
Hooray! A successful dinner. Well, perhaps I should mention that everyone else was gone this evening, drastically cutting the size of Cora's audience, but I believe as a parent you've got to count your victories no matter the circumstances!
2 comments:
That is awesome!! Love it!! Hope all is going well!!! Have you started putting your hours in yet?? Tell Cora and Greg we said Hello!! love you guys!!
Congratulations on your one year blog anniversary. The blog has really opened a way for me to capture my family moments. It has been a hugh blessing. Hugs from Georgia!
Post a Comment