Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tremendous relief!

Wow! Everyone else I know has been just blogging their hearts out while I have become a recluse from the outside world. A lot has happened in a short time.

First, let's start with the fact that we have been moving in to our own house! We found a cute little rental in Palouse which is just what we wanted. When I say "moving" in I mean that it is still a work in progress. We've decided to move stuff in a little at a time to avoid the major stress of having all those boxes staring at us, just begging us to open them and get it over with. We are blessed to have a place to store our stuff free of charge, so slowly but surely is working out fine for us! Also, has anyone out there ever moved in sub-zero weather? Seriously, we've moved so much that I thought we'd done it all, but this has to be my least favorite condition for moving. *Ouch!* So cold it hurts! It has warmed up a little bit recently though and I feel another load of boxes coming soon.

Next, and actually slightly out of order, I somehow managed to skip posting about my daughter's birthday! Also, closely following that (and sort of in the middle of moving) was Thanksgiving. I think details on both of those, and pictures to correspond will have to come later.

Finally, the real reason for updating my blog today, and also the inspiration for my tremendous relief.......I passed both of the tests required to get my Washington Cosmetology license!!!!!!!!! My practical was two weeks ago. I had to drive to Fife, WA to avoid waiting until the January 25th date of the next test in Spokane. My mom went with me, and although it was slightly stressful and a minor pain in my rear-end, I survived. I got my result. An 84. Phew! Today, Greg and I drove to Spokane for the written portion of my exam. I studied for a couple of days, and continued studying on the drive up. Man was I cramming, just sure that I couldn't get enough of the facts lodged in my brain in time for my 9:30 AM appointment. They allotted me 90 minutes to answer 110 questions. I finished in 22. IT. WAS. SO. EASY. Good thing I studied eh?

I was more stressed about the whole thing than I realized. I feel like I can breathe a BIG sigh of relief!

4 comments:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Congratulations on passing your tests! I wasn't worried about you at all, I knew you could do it! Do you want to come cut and color my hair, I need it in a bad way! That's exciting that you get to move into your own place, even in the middle of freezing temps. I hate moving, not matter what weather! Good luck!

Jemmett Clan said...

yay!! Congrats!!! (both on the tests and moving!!!)!!!!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

yeah, I am so happy for you guys! Glad to hear things are well, we miss you guys! hey I need your address, I want to send you a christmas card! tell Cora and Greg we said hi!!

Misty said...

Congratulations! We love you guys. Glad to hear some good news.