Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Catching up!

Wow! We have been back in Oregon for almost a full year now....my how the time flies.

Cora is almost 2 years old now and as hard as it may be for anyone else to believe, trust me, it's even harder for Greg and I. How in the world do we have a 2 year old? As you can imagine, Cora is the center of our universe and thinks she rules the house. (Okay, so she does sometimes!) I have a hard time containing myself when Cora walks up to me (actually, her usual speed is running) and spouts out a half sentence with the most serious look on her little face, of course expecting a serious response. As a good parent I know I'm expected to respond and hold my laughter in until she runs away, on to her next adventure, but oh how easy it is to burst into hysterics and plant kisses all over her grubby little two year old face! What a joy her spirit brings into our home. She loves music, dancing, bossing the dogs, playing with her friends Riley and Kaitlyn, reading books, swinging and getting very, very dirty! She has used the potty successfully a couple of times, but isn't quite ready to commit. She still uses some of her sign language, but is expanding her vocabulary daily. We recently converted her crib to a big girl bed. The first time that she came into our room in the middle of the night, put her face right in front of mine and said "hi" I just about wet the bed!! What would we do without Cora!

Greg is enduring his current job. The conditions fall a bit short of ideal (he would argue that this is a gross understatement), and there is not any room for advancement. The only way he keeps his sanity while keeping his job is by working part time as a reserve for the Stanfield, OR police department. His hopes are to gain experience and training as a reserve and work his way into a permanent position as a police officer either here or even closer to home (Pullman, WA). In the mean time, he is looking for something a little more enjoyable and humane to keep us fed and clothed (and diapered!).

I am loving doing hair more than ever! I'm not sure what it is, but I have found a new appreciation for the talent that God has given me. I have a magnificent boss who lets me set my schedule to work around Greg's schedule. Cora is a blessed little girl to have either her mommy or her daddy with her ALL THE TIME! And we feel blessed for the time we have with her, and also the money we save avoiding daycare (yuck!). I keep busy when I'm not at work keeping up on my chores (teehee), reading, napping (when the munchkin allows), gardening, and the obvious, chasing a two year old! I love being a mommy!!!

5 comments:

Mel-o-drama said...

Thanks for the link - little Cora is getting so big - she's gorgeous! I just wish you would come back to GA and do my hair!

Brad Teare said...

Hi Lilli!

It's so great to see pictures of you and your family. What a cute baby! We think of you often. Hope things continue to go well for you.

Good to hear from you.

Uncle Brad

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Hey Lilli,

It's so fun to hear about your family, and the new advertures that are keeping you busy! I love it!

Crazy Campbells said...

Cora is so adorable and we miss her alot!! I wish I could see her running around and talking!! We need to move back west so we can come visit. Glad to hear all is well and tell Greg good luck with finding a better job!
Lots of Love,
Campbells

The Paynes said...

you're just dreaming. snap out of it. you don't have a kid and i don't have a kid; matter of fact, we're both still kids. i just beat up that ugly boy for pulling your hair. HA! ....YEH!