I knew this was going to be a bit of a process, but it didn't sound too long or complicated. I was right about it not being complicated, but due to my rookie status, and Jayda barking and waking Cora up too soon, it took a while. In the middle of cooking the salsa, Cora came in the kitchen with a little surprise for me. She had removed her diaper, pooped on the floor and was now bringing me t
he prize! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!! YUCK! So pause on the canning to clean up the floor and Cora, put another diaper on and hope it stays that way.
he prize! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!! YUCK! So pause on the canning to clean up the floor and Cora, put another diaper on and hope it stays that way.Anyway, I finally got the salsa ready, and a double batch recipe turned out to be only enough to fill 3 quart jars. Okay, I know they are quarts and that is quite a bit, but after all the work I did, to only have 3 jars to look at was a little disheartening
. Not to mention that now I still have a ton of tomatoes (maybe I'll make FRESH salsa to give away) and a pretty big mess to clean up so I can make dinner.
. Not to mention that now I still have a ton of tomatoes (maybe I'll make FRESH salsa to give away) and a pretty big mess to clean up so I can make dinner.Next time I'm definitely using smaller jars!! ;)

3 comments:
I think it is awesome you took on canning when you had never done it before. I remember canning with my mom as a kid and I loved it. My mom did all the cleaning up so that probably made a difference in the experience. I hope you enjoy your salsa!!
That is so awesome that you tried canning with out having done it before! It looks yummy! I have a really good fresh salsa receipe if you would like to try it! I love the poop story!
Umm... lilli? ever sense you changed the background... you can't see the words very well! you have to do some serious squinting! Just givin' u the heads up dude!
karr rose
Post a Comment