Sunday, September 14, 2008

I love CLOSETS!

In one month we will be moving a whopping 10 miles into another house (still renting) that is about the same size as the one we're in now. Why, you ask, would we put ourselves through this misery and torture? I have to keep reminding myself of the benefits to stay sane and not change my mind. We will be closer to town, although still in the country, have a bigger yard for the dogs and Cora, and our closest neighbor (actually only about 100 yards away) is one of my best friends! Then there is the bit of money we will be saving on utilities and such, but I still haven't revealed the most exciting part...This new house is LOADED with closets!! I know this is a strange thing to be excited about, but for the past 10 months I have been living in a house with virtually NO CLOSETS! Granted the bathroom does have a "linen closet" in it, and we can't forget the water heater "space" in Cora's room that doubles as Greg's and my closet for the clothes we just can't shove into our dressers. And that's it folks. No joke. That is the closet space I have been living with for the last 10 months. Not sure how we've done it, but no matter, everything is about to change! Our master bedroom to be has two closets (his and hers!), Cora will actually have a closet in her room instead of having to use a shower curtain rod wedged between the wall and the end of her crib to hang her dresses on! There is a linen closet in the hall, a pretty roomy pantry (hurray!), and two coat closets. Wow. I believe now that I can survive the packing and the cleaning that I loathe so much because I will have 7 glorious closets to fill up when we move in to our new house! My bit of advice to all of you who read this and think I have absolutely lost my mind....Don't take your closets for granted! ;)

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Yeah, that is so exciting! Moving can be a drag but it sounds like it will be worth it in the end, all those closets! Gotta love it! I think I will be coming to Oregon the beginning of October! We have to get together!