Sunday, November 23, 2008

Overload

So sorry if this comes as an information overload, but obviously I have gone too long without posting and now I don't know where to start or finish.

In October we moved in to the new house (yes the one with closets, and yes I am still loving them!). It's not much to look at from the outside, but the rent is affordable and I will send pictures of the inside as soon as I take them (don't hold your breath).

Also in October Greg changed jobs. As stressful as this always is, we were all cheering because his last job.....well let's just say the working conditions were slightly less than desirable. He is enjoying his new job (still in security), and he is being treated much better!


I guess next comes Halloween. I am the biggest party pooper when it comes to this holiday. I hate trying to come up with a decent and creative costume and usually end up doing something completely generic which goes against every artistic fiber of my being. Okay, so I'm being a little melodramatic, but this year was especially gruesome for me. I had the sorest throat I've ever experienced on top of a mild case of pink eye...gross! Greg had to work so it was up to sick mommy to take little "Elmo" (generic, I know. It's called procrastination) to our Stakes Trunk or Treat. I was feeling a little better by the time we left due to a major dose of antibiotics, and I was able to come up with some last minute costumes for Cora's sake. So here we are. "Elmo" and "Lilli the pirate with pink eye!" Cora had fun, and I loved hearing her say "treat" to everyone. Smart girl to leave out the option of "tricking" completely. : )



Cora has been doing some potty training lately and inconsistent as it is, at least it is a start. I have always dreaded this part of being a mother for fear that I would have the traumatic experience that some have shared instead of that model child who just one day decides they are ready and never has an accident again! Well it seems Cora is somewhere in the middle. I'll take it!


Last but not least, we had a small celebration on Friday for Cora's 2nd birthday. She actually turns two tomorrow and I'm still not sure how in the world I ended up with a two year old?! It was a small party with just mommy and daddy, and Cora wasn't feeling too well, but enjoyable all the same. Cora got to decorate her own cake and it turned out lovely! I hope you enjoy the updates and the pictures. Love to all, or as my mom would say "Smoochies!"

1 comment:

Crazy Campbells said...

I can't believe how big she is and those french braids are so adorable! Good luck with the potty training. We have McKayl doing the same thing and she made it once today, YAY! I am with you on the closets and I am still loving mine. We are glad to hear all is well and loved the pictures.