Saturday, March 7, 2009

Top of the Charts

Okay, my life seriously seems to be turning into a country song. Don't get me wrong, Country is one of my favorite kinds of music, but they do seem to sing a lot about certain things going wrong. The chorus to this song so far includes the following lines:

My dog just died,
the car won't run,
and the wind blows on and on.

So I already wrote about the passing of our beloved pet. Well a few weeks ago, we were visiting Greg's parents and their neighbor (a college kid) backed into the side of our car. Not too much damage done...at least it didn't look too bad. The quotes came back between $1,400-1,900! Dang inflation. So now this guy's parents have called and want us to cut them a break because their insurance rates will go up and they just lost a job etc. I told her I would call her back. What I should've told her is about all the times that we've been out of work. Or maybe that our insurance rates just went down below $100/month, but only after paying close to $300/month for years because of all of our driving mistakes. Now that our only car is in the shop due to mechanical failure (not from the backing incident), I feel like suggesting that she revoke her son's driving privileges and just give us his car...then we can call it even!

Last night poor Cora did a face-plant on the asphalt. It was so sad and looks even worse today!


Today the wind is blowing. No, seriously blowing. Gusting at 54 miles per hour! We live on a farm so there are severe dust clouds. I think we'll make the best of it and go buy a kite!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

what a terrible week! i hope that this is the end of it and tomorrow will bring a run of good things coming your way.

Misty said...

awe her poor little cute face. Miss you guys.

likeschocolate said...

Sorry you have had a few crummy days, the good things is sunshine always follows the storms.

Erekson's said...

Holy Smokes! How the heck are you? I have missed you so much and your little Cora is beautiful! I can't believe how big she is, wow! I found you through someone who found me in Atlanta and she has a link to you so I'm so glad to find you! How are you doing and what's new?