
Cora and I went to the farm supply store with the intentions of looking at the new baby chicks. Well, let me just say that it didn't take too much work for the employees to convince me that we needed to bring some home with us. Besides the fact that Cora is getting really good at that face that you just can't say no to! So we got up to the register with our 6 chicks, a 25 lb bag of feed, food and water dishes, a heat lamp and bulb, and a bag of sawdust (ma'am, that IS the small bag!). As the guy was ringing up my grand total, I was getting out my wallet to hand over my debit card, only my debit card was not there. Oh crap! I knew I was out of checks because I just wrote my last one the other day and then reordered, and I never have cash. Well thankfully we know the owners of the store, so after I finished blaming my no method of payment problem on my card-ste
aling husband (pretty sure he had gone to get milk for me the night before, teeheehee) we took our free-for-now chickens and chicken paraphernalia home. Of course we returned later, as promised, to pay up.
aling husband (pretty sure he had gone to get milk for me the night before, teeheehee) we took our free-for-now chickens and chicken paraphernalia home. Of course we returned later, as promised, to pay up.We have been having a lot of fun with our new charges. Greg only makes fun of me a little bit for the fact that I can just sit for an hour and watch them. They are so entertaining! They are already starting to grow their feathers on their wings, and I'm sure before we know it we will have to move them into a bigger home (howtobuildachickencoup.com?). I'm posting a video so that you can all enjoy the latest antics of our chickies! Cora loves to pick them up and for some reason today, my favorite chick (the chubby one) was biting at the poor chick whose legs were left dangling by Cora!
We'll keep you all updated on the progress of our chicken raising (especially when it comes time for eggs!).
6 comments:
How funny is that. They totally protect each other. Cora better watch out. :)
wahoo for chickens! how fun that you have little chicks running around! there are all kinds of coop plans out there. and some great books. check out Keep Chickens by Barbara Kilarski. she's a little chicken obsessed but there are worse things, i suppose. keep us updated with chick reports! i want to know if cora has tried dressing them up!
Wow that is awesome!! They are so cute!! Good luck with those chicks!!
Gotta watch out for those farm supply guys, they are good salesmen. :P I think your favorite is the boss, she acts like she's looking out for her sisters. Cora is so cute! Hope you're having a good week.
Oh, come on what is so bad about Georgia. It is a great state. You just didn't live here long enough to fall in love with it. However, I guess Georgia can't compete with living closer to your family.
That looks like so much fun! You can check out our blog at 6shaws.blogspot.com if you want.
Post a Comment