In the last two months I have gone on trips to Arizona and the Oregon Coast, attended a wedding in Seattle and another in Portland with a reception to follow in Olympia, and another in Pullman. Whew! I am so happy to be home for the month of June (well the majority of it anyway)!
I've written about the trip to Arizona. The trip to the coast was the weekend after we returned from our fun in the sun, on Easter weekend. We travelled with Greg's parents (yes Greg finally got to take a trip with us!!) to Canby, OR where Greg's sister and brother-in-law and kids joined the caravan to Oceanside, OR. It was beautiful and sunny the day we arrived, and windy and cold the next. Only on Sunday when we were to depart did the rains tumbling down! We rented an awesome house a few blocks from the beach and just had a wonderful time. I told Cora the story of the Resurrection on Saturday night and she proceeded to tell it to everyone else at breakfast the next morning (with a little help). She has asked for the story several times since then and gets especially excited to chime in on the part when "Jesus came back to life!!" What a joy!
The weekend following Easter was a quick trip to Pullman for my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. After that I had a whole week at home before driving through Portland to pick up my brother Tyler, and continuing on to Tacoma, WA to the wedding of a dear friend from high school. It was a long drive, but worth it to see my friend and spend some time with my brother.
Then came my long and luxurious break with a whole week and a half at home before it was time for my other brother Brody to get married in Portland! Cora and I rode over with my parents on Thursday. When we arrived I found myself doing last minute haircuts for my brothers Derik, and Brody. Greg came later that night. The wedding was on Friday in the Portland, OR Temple and it was a beautiful affair! Greg and I hadn't been to a wedding in the Temple since our own in 2001 and it brought back sweet memories. That night Greg and I went out with his sister Debbie and her husband Greg, and my brother Derik and his wife KaBreena. It was so much fun spending time with family! The next day Greg drove home and Cora and I continued on to Olympia, WA to the reception. I had cut my finger badly enough the night before (right on the knuckle) to need a splint, so I got to do the brides hair with a bum finger! Besides that, all went well and Cora and I made it home Sunday evening.
On the following Saturday was the reception for the newlyweds in Pullman, WA. So home again I went and did Ashley's (my new sister) hair for the third time! I stayed 5 days in order to do some hair and make some extra money. Cora and I finally got home Wednesday afternoon and haven't done much of anything in the last few days!
I am staying home for the next four weeks spending some much needed time with my wonderful husband who puts up with all my random gallivanting, and stays home to work the majority of the time in order to make it all possible. Thank you Greg, I love you.
I will try to find time between the piles of laundry and finding my routine again to post again soon. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
And here I thought you were going to announce you were pregnant. That is why I thought you were gone from the blogging world so long. Glad you have been having so much fun.
Post a Comment