Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Amazing

A couple of things that Cora did today to amaze me.

First was when I found this book she has that she can color on with dry erase markers. In the past she has gotten frustrated with trying to trace the letters or shapes. Today when I found it, I couldn't believe how well she had done!!

Later, in the car, she wanted ice cream. We hadn't had dinner yet so I told her maybe we could go to the store and get some to have after dinner...she didn't like that, so of course she started crying. Then she said "Mom, you just make your child cry!" No kidding. Those were her words...oh. my. goodness.

Later still, after dinner and bath time, I put her pull-up on and she told me she could get her pj's on all by herself. She has been dressing herself for quite a while now so it's not a new thing, but for some reason tonight, watching her struggle, and then triumph by putting on those jammies all by herself made my heart swell with joy. And I am talking about serious swelling! I felt like I couldn't smile big enough and wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time.

Okay, so maybe I'm a little hormonal right now, but she brings me joy all the same, and I thank the Lord for her every day.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

That is way to hilarious that you make her cry.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Your baby is all grown up, don't you just hate it! I know I sure do!! But I love it at the same time it is just amazing to me all that they know and the things they pick up on!! Hope you guys had a good weekend, and things are going well! Is Greg back to work yet? Love the hair too!!