Monday, October 5, 2009

When I grow up

We went to a WSU Cougar volleyball game the other night (much better than Cougar football lately!). Cora always gets so excited to see Butch (the Cougar mascot). She started looking for him from the minute we arrived, and when we finally spotted him she begged me to take her over to say hi to him. She told me "I will give him knuckles mom!"

There were also cheerleaders at this game. I know how some people feel about cheerleaders, but I was one and my sister is one in the middle school. Well it must run in the blood because Cora watched them all night. She wanted to stand on my hands the way the cheerleaders did, and also informed us in a very enthusiastic way that she was going to be a cheerleader when she grew up!

Later, at home, Greg's dad asked Cora "don't you want to be a volleyball player too when you grow up?" Her answer was a very casual "yeah". Then he asked "What about a singer?" She thought about that one for a while and then replied "Grandpa, I already am a singer right now!" She sounded so surprised that he didn't realize this.....had he not heard her singing every single day for the last month? Silly grandpa!


2 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What fun!! Hope all is going well!! We have been in Hermiston for about a week, and miss you guys a ton!! RaeLynn asked about Cora a few times and I had to tell her that she moved away!! We love you tons!!

JK said...

That is so cute! She has always been a great singer! I'm glad you guys had fun. So we had Kaitlyn's birthday this week and when I asked her who she wanted to come she asked for her cousins, family, etc. But Cora was the only friend she mentioned wanting to invite, and she got really sad when I said I didn't think Cora would be able to make it.

So just wanted to let you know you're missed. Hope all is going well. love you guys! -Kari