So the title and picture are just a tribute to one of my favorite movies, but seriously, what would you do if the following TRUE story happened to you?
We have one inside dog (Jayda) and one outside dog (Shasta). When it gets too cold we let Shasta sleep inside but she has to be in her kennel because she is still a puppy and I don't like waking up and searching the house for things she may have chewed up!
We have one inside dog (Jayda) and one outside dog (Shasta). When it gets too cold we let Shasta sleep inside but she has to be in her kennel because she is still a puppy and I don't like waking up and searching the house for things she may have chewed up!
Anyway, about a week ago we were having a heat wave here in Hermiston so Shasta was sleeping outside. I woke up to Jayda growling next to me in bed. I told her to knock it off because I could hear it too...it was just the wind. Well she wouldn't knock it off and the wind was really blowing by now and getting really loud! Then all of a sudden I heard a whining coming from the bathroom so I sat up in bed and I could see Shasta cowering on the bathroom floor
. Jayda was growling at her, which is quite normal because Jayda is the queen and doesn't allow other dogs in HER room ;). Then as I woke up a little more I realized that this wasn't completely normal because Shasta was outside when I went to bed...right? Oh boy I must be losing it. Or maybe Greg is home REALLY early from work? What time is it anyway? So out of bed I go to calm Shasta and look for Greg. Around the house I go (which doesn't take long) and Greg is definitely NOT home, so how the heck did Shasta get in here? That's when I turned around and saw the back
door in the living room standing wide open! Okay...that's creepy. So I close the door and dead bolt it, take one last look around, and head back to bed wide awake. The wind is blowing really hard, it probably just blew open. So I called Greg to tell him my tale. First he says "You got out of bed? What if there was someone in there?" Uh...didn't think about that. Of course, being a security guard, he also wanted to know if there were any muddy foot prints anywhere. Well I'm a hairdresser, not a private eye. All I wanted to know was if Greg was home and how the dog got in. That is as far as my investigation went! My conclusion is that the wind freaked our big guard dog out and she (with a little help from the wind) pushed open the door that doesn't exactly latch that well. 
. Jayda was growling at her, which is quite normal because Jayda is the queen and doesn't allow other dogs in HER room ;). Then as I woke up a little more I realized that this wasn't completely normal because Shasta was outside when I went to bed...right? Oh boy I must be losing it. Or maybe Greg is home REALLY early from work? What time is it anyway? So out of bed I go to calm Shasta and look for Greg. Around the house I go (which doesn't take long) and Greg is definitely NOT home, so how the heck did Shasta get in here? That's when I turned around and saw the back
door in the living room standing wide open! Okay...that's creepy. So I close the door and dead bolt it, take one last look around, and head back to bed wide awake. The wind is blowing really hard, it probably just blew open. So I called Greg to tell him my tale. First he says "You got out of bed? What if there was someone in there?" Uh...didn't think about that. Of course, being a security guard, he also wanted to know if there were any muddy foot prints anywhere. Well I'm a hairdresser, not a private eye. All I wanted to know was if Greg was home and how the dog got in. That is as far as my investigation went! My conclusion is that the wind freaked our big guard dog out and she (with a little help from the wind) pushed open the door that doesn't exactly latch that well. 
I hope that I can count on our dogs in the future to be a little more reliable against REAL intruders. Perhaps on windy nights Shasta will start out in the house to prevent further false alarms!

1 comment:
That would be a little scary and I would think like your hubby, I worry about everything. It is funny how the big dogs are always more afraid of little things. I am glad all turned out fine.
Post a Comment