How can my little girl be all three things in one day?
When Greg was getting ready for work tonight, we had a family hug and passed kisses around and around in a circle. Cora leaned back and said "We happy fammie!"(family). Melt my heart. She can be so sweet!

A little while later I was outside waving goodbye to Greg when a naked Cora comes and peeks out the door. Lilli: "What are you doing Cora?" Cora: "Um, I go poop!" L: "Okay well run to the bathroom." So we run to the bathroom and she sits on the BIG toilet and starts grunting and making funny faces, so I say "Are you a little bit constipated?" Cora: "No, I Cora Miskin!". Thank you very much! She makes me laugh so much! :)
Now as I sit here writing down our eventful and emotional day I am listening to her heartbroken sobs over the intercom. You see, I am trying out a super-nanny technique because Cora has always been rocked, held, or snuggled to sleep and I have been feeling a little worn out from it. I have never been able to let her "cry it out" which is why we are in this situation. So as I am sitting here listening to her I can almost deal with it (I made it last night!), until she says in possibly the saddest voice in the world "I not feel good." Okay rip my heart out. Next she says she needs to poop so I am a sucker and let her come out for that. As she is sitting on the pot I hug her and tell her I love her. She looks at me with big teary eyes and the crying hiccups and asks "Mommy love me?". Ouch. Okay that did it, out came my tears. She already ripped it out, why not tear it in two?
Being a mother amazes me every day. You never realize how much love you are capable of until this sweet spirit child of God comes to you and shows you what it is all about. I love my job, even the painful parts!
1 comment:
Lilli, I love your blog!! I can totally relate with the heartbreaking story. Weston when I had to "let him cry it out" would say over and over, "Mommy, I'm crying. I need a tissue. Mommy, I'm crying!" He survived and I did too...barely. ;)
Post a Comment