Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Position filled!

Hooray for me! After the 20th of this month I will be accepting a new position as a FULL-TIME MOM!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love doing hair, and sometimes the salon is my only opportunity for conversing with another adult, but how fabulous to be able to fulfill my divine role as a mother and homemaker! I've always secretly envied my friends that have been able to stay home and devote their time to their families. Now I have the opportunity to do that very thing, and I have my wonderful, hard-working husband to thank for it. He'll be working long, crazy hours (not to mention the 45 mile commute) to make this possible. Ask my mom and she will tell you that since I was a little girl my dream was to grow up and be a mommy. Greg, you've made my dreams come true...thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now that I've nauseated you all with my mushy public display of gratitude, I would like to list a few of my goals and ambitions as Suzy Homemaker!

1. Learn to bake bread

2. Learn to knit something besides a scarf! This was inspired by my good friend Jenny. She is an amazing and talented woman and gives me all sorts of ideas for new and crazy things to try (like a worm compost!)

3. Mop my floors more often than every 6 months!

4. Take up quilting and learn to sew some CUTE clothes for Cora (and maybe me too!)

5. Start exercising

6. Teach Cora her alphabet!
So those are just some of my aspirations for my new job. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress! Wish me luck, I just may need it!

6 comments:

Terrie Teare said...

Whom God calls, God qualifies. Your calling as a mommy will come with a guarantee of heavenly help.
BOOYAH!

Nancy said...

That's so cool! Being a stay-at-home mom is awesome and Heavenly Father has made it possible for you to stay home with your daughter.

likeschocolate said...

Yahoo!!!!

Jenny said...

Hip, hip, hooray! It's so awesome when a woman WANTS to be full-time mom! Cora is a lucky little lady! When do you want to come over and knit? ;)

My kids mom, and my husband's wife said...

Yeah Lilli!! I'm so happy for you and your family. What a good man you picked that desires to give Cora the gift of her mother full-time! I feel the same way about Derek. It can be hard to live on one income these days, but many blessings come from putting motherhood first. Celebrate and enjoy the journey!!

JK said...

Dude we should totally do walk play dates. My kids would love it (mom couldn't talk them out of a walk if someone else was coming over to go with us :). I have a treadmill if it gets too cold outside we could just take turns! -Kari